The Museu do Oriente not only congratulates you but also puts on a party for you! The characters that inhabit the Museum rooms meet your friends and have a surprise for you. Our birthday parties are unique and packed with stimulating entertaining activities put on by qualified child education specialists.
If you choose to spend your birthday with us, you get to ditch your traditional zodiac sign, Leo, Pisces, Cancer, Aries or whatever and take off as a buffalo, rat, monkey, goat or horse!
At the Museu do Oriente, you get a very different birthday party and the chance to learn serious things in a genuine treasure hunt! In this very fantastic adventure, you can discover:
- Masked Faces – a visit to the Museum followed by work on the theme. According to what they saw and learned, children are supposed to make a mask which they will take home with them.
- Exotic Paintings - a visit to the Museum followed by work on the theme. Children will learn to make dyes from species which are later applied in paintings according to what they saw and learned.
- Stories from a Thousand and One Nights - a visit to the Museum followed by work on the theme. Sherazade and Ali Baba stories are told and a surprise is reserved for the group inspired in the Stories from a Thousand and One Nights.
- Voyages and Maps – a visit to the Museum guided by a compass and followed by work on the theme. The creation of a postcard or map evoking the voyage the children have just made.
- Music Painting - a visit to the Museum followed by work on the theme. Musical excerpts are listened and scenarios are painted following the sound of arias, duets and choirs.
- Shadow Stories - a visit to the Museum followed by work on the theme. Puppets are made according to what children have seen and learned. Tales and characters are invented and take life behind the stage.
These activities may be adapted to the group’s characteristics.
Party food *
- Orange juice (replaced by milk if ordered beforehand)
- Coke (replaced by milk if ordered beforehand
- Mini sandwiches with ham or cheese
- Mini croissants with ham or cheese
- Chocolate cake
- Jelly (replaced by chocolate mousse if ordered beforehand)
- French fries
* This menu may be changed or adjusted
Parents should bring the birthday cake.
Ages: 5-12 years
Schedule: Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays, 10.00-13.00 or 15.00-18.00.
Price: € 17.50/participant. Free entry to the Museum for parents/guardians of the children invited.
Participants: minimum of 10 and maximum of 25 children
In order to guarantee the success of party, the Museum only holds a birthday party at a time.
Please, fill the on-line registration form. Parents and children may request a visit to the Museum’ permanent exhibitions and Activity Room as well, so that the party may meet the expectations.
Prices include invitations, birthday food and activities guided by two guides.
Booking involves the pre-payment of €175,00 corresponding to the required minimum number of children which is to be carried out not more than one week after making the reservation. The remaining amount is paid on the day of the party, either at the museum’s reception or by bank transfer (NIB 0007 0000 0045 2790 3752 3) together with the date of the party and the name of the on celebrating his or her birthday. Receipt should be scanned and sent to
You can send it by fax (213 534 746), together with address and NIF for further receipt sending.
Failure to make this payment or to send the inscription document results in cancellation of the reservation. Refunds are only made when cancellations take place at least five days prior to the birthday party date.
Confirmation of the exact number of participants must be made on the Tuesday prior to the party’s date. A last minute request may not be considered.
Monday to Friday, 10:00-13:00 or 15.00-18.00
Phone: 21 358 52 99